The following are standard policies and practices that we currently follow worldwide:
- Use of recycled paper and stationary in all facilities
- More than 30% of our client programs operate in paperless environments
- Energy efficient and energy managed thin client PCs, LCD monitors, and electrical equipment throughout global facilities
- Recycling receptacles in facilities for the collection of waste toner/ink cartridges, laptop batteries, cell phones, and other harmful products
- Wastewater in Sutherland’s largest India facilities is treated and reused on site
- Mass transportation is provided for the majority of our associates, reducing the impact of vehicular pollution
Habitat conservation is a natural extension of overall sustainability and respect for the local environments in which we operate. As a business services provider, the majority of our potential impact on habitats and their contained species are greatest in the following areas:
- SUSTAINABLE PRACTICE
- Facility Construction
- Sutherland does not engage in new facility construction or “Build to Suit” leases, dramatically reducing any impact on pristine habitats. All of Sutherland’s operational facilities are housed in re-purposed structures, and many of our facilities are in reclaimed developments such as decommissioned bases, light industrial complexes, or other targeted zones.
- All eWaste such as PCs, peripherals and batteries are centrally processed in each city, and recycled with an accredited organization.
- Sutherland facilities are located on public transportation routes. In certain city centers, Sutherland provides mass transportation services to its employees.
- Personal Sustainability and our Employees
- In addition to the corporate practices above, Sutherland believes that the greatest positive environmental impact comes from each of our employees making informed personal choices that respect the environment. Our employee engagement teams sponsor volunteer activities which maintain local parks and roadways in the communities where we operate, as well as communicate helpful tips and instructions for making environmentally informed individual choices. Some of the topics include keeping water clean, saving energy, and using less toxic product alternatives.